Friday, February 1, 2008

An old map!


[CLICK on image for a larger version.]

My father drew this map, probably in the late 1930's or early 1940's. It shows the location of our home ("120" on silver arrow) and his business (then called "Pure Tone Hearing Aids"). It also shows the contours of the nearby hill where he and friends were developing ski trails called "Suicide Six." 

This is before the creation of the "Locust Lawn Ski Club," and before the widening of Route 1.  

This 3-fold card was probably used as a Christmas card or an invitation mailed to skiing friends. 

Here are more views of it:





1 comment:

Sandy said...

I added three new photos today (December 18, 2020) after re-examining my father's card, which I've kept in a 3-ring binder filled with items by and about my father.