Facebook surprised me today with a display of these two old photos. Apparently I had shared these on this day in 2017, and FB asked if I wanted to share them again. No thanks, not on FB. But I am happy to see these again, and post them here in my Danvers blog.
Oh, such memories! In the top photo I'm the one sitting on the cow. My dear friend Janet Hoberg is standing in front, and my sister Jean is hugging the cow.
In the lower photo, our dog Heidi is in view, and Janet is astride the cow. The background shows the slope of Locust Lawn and the border of trees along the "Back avenue" --- just as I remember. All very familiar scenes in my childhood!

1 comment:
I was so happy to find your blog, Sandy! I've been doing family research for years, and I also claim Sarah Osborne as one of my ancestors, though admittedly, the connection is disputed. The genealogists in my family claim Sarah (Warren) Prince/Osborne as the sister of Priscilla Mary (Warren) Greene, my 9th great-grandmother. Historians have never been able to confirm that, though, to my knowledge. Still, I like to think of her as an ancestor of sorts. Thank you for your writing and memoir sharing! -Gretchen
Post a Comment