Thursday, May 5, 2022

Chopping nuts

This week as I prepared a quick meal, I decided to add some walnuts. To chop the shelled walnut 'meat' into small pieces, I used an old familiar tool, pictured here.

Ah, the memories!  My mother used this same wooden bowl and chopper. I think of her especially during this week that includes her birthday (May 5) and Mother's Day. 

I paused to appreciate this simple tool. The handle is sturdy and comfortable in my hand. The wooden bowl is smooth and well-oiled inside, no doubt polished with oils from nuts chopped there over the years. 

Previously I'd taken this tool for granted. Today I examined it carefully, and documented it in photos. It is a treasure from my past that is still useful in my kitchen. I bet it will continue to serve future generations. A simple, practical tool -- appreciated too as a reminder of my mother, who was practical and efficient.



ACME   
MGM Co
 Made in USA

No comments: