Sunday, January 23, 2022

Gordon

Word reached me this week that a childhood friend has passed: Gordon Lindroth. He grew up on Nichols Street and attended the Hathorne School. I was in the classroom with him in 1949/50 (the final year of that one-room schoolhouse). We played together on the Locust Lawn property, climbing trees and having adventures with other neighborhood kids, especially friends Janet Hoberg and Ray Dirks. Gordon and I re-connected in 2008; he liked my Remembering Danvers columns and urged me to come to the next Danvers high school reunion, which I did. Thanks to Gordon, I re-connected with other Danvers classmates.

Gordon's full name is listed in the obituary in the NewburyPort News: Tage Gordon Lindroth. I recall that Tage was also his father's name. 

Gordon and his wife Katsuko lived in Newburyport, but he continued to maintain connections in Danvers, especially with the Amity Mosaic Masonic Lodge. Danvers is the location for his funeral arrangements: 

O’Donnell Cremations-Funerals-Celebrations, 167 Maple St. (rte 62) DANVERS, Sunday, January 30th at 11 A.M. Relatives and friends invited. Visiting hours Saturday, January 29th from 2 to 6 P.M. Face coverings required at all services.  

I will try to attend. Meanwhile, I've found some photos of Gordon. These two show Gordon and Katsuko visiting my home in February 2008. We had fun looking at old school photos and reminiscing about times in Danvers:


Speaking of old school photos...  here's one that I found years ago tucked in an old wallet: 




Gordon Lindroth, July 2011,
at our 50th High School Reunion

 

No comments: